New Water Service

Special Note

If you are located west of Hurlburt Field Air Force Base and have a Mary Esther mailing address, your water service provider is Okaloosa County. Please contact Okaloosa County offices at 850-651-7171.

When activating a new residential or commercial water account with the City of Mary Esther, we require a copy of your Driver's License or State I.D. and a copy of your lease or closing documents to turn on the water at your new residence. Please note, without the documents requested, your water cannot be turned on.

Applications & Schedules

Utility Deposits

  • Renters - $95.64 (80.00 water deposit, 15.64 garbage)
  • Owners -$75.64 (60.00 water deposit, 15.64 garbage)
  • Commercial- The deposit will be based on your account needs and will range from $75 to $100, depending on gallon usage.

Please note: If you have not yet begun your Business Tax Receipt process, there are steps that must be taken before water service can be turned on at your new business. Learn more information on Business Tax Receipts.

For water sewer ancillary fees, charges and fines please see the comprehensive fees, fines, and revenues schedule (PDF).