The Mary Esther City Council is soliciting applications from the public to serve on a Steering Committee to work with a consultant and guide the development of a Community Vision Plan. A Vision Plan is an inspirational view of the future and what a community wants to become. It is a combination of collective values and aspirations expressed by a diverse cross-section of the community. Our Plan has a twenty-five (25) year planning period and will seek to address our commercial corridor, transportation, parks, public facilities, water and sewer infrastructure.
The Committee will be comprised of seven (7) members from the following stakeholder groups:
- One (1) Business Representative
- One (1) Military Representative
- One (1) School Representative
- One (1) Youth Representative
- Three (3) At-Large Representatives
Members of the Committee will be asked to perform the following over an estimated six (6) month period:
- Attend an in-person Steering Committee Kickoff Meeting
- Attend a Virtual Steering Committee Meeting to review stakeholder focus group findings, review and help promote a community survey
- Attend a Virtual Steering Committee Meeting to review community survey results, prepare for and attend two (2) public workshops
- Recommend a Community Vision Plan to the City Council
Applications will be accepted for the Steering Committee through Tuesday, November 16 at 3 PM. They should be emailed to Jared Cobb, City Manager, at email@example.com or dropped off at Mary Esther City Hall located at 195 Christobal Road North, Mary Esther, FL 32569.
The City Council is scheduled to make appointments at a Special City Council Meeting on Monday, November 22 at 2 PM.