We are happy to announce that on Thursday, June 2nd, 2022, Governor Ron DeSantis signed the FY 2023 Budget which comprised the City of Mary Esther’s $1M request for the Azalea Park Neighborhood Infrastructure Improvement Project. The funding provided in HB 4561 will allow our community to replace undersized water and brittle wastewater lines, improve our wastewater collection system, repave streets, and replace sewer pipes. The project was sponsored by Representative Patt Maney and supported by Senator George Gainer.
The benefits of the appropriations package will improve access and transportation throughout the project area.
The $1M appropriations will provide many benefits to the community including:
- Repave 199,450Sqft of streets in the Azalea Neighborhood to improve mobility
- Install ADA compliant sidewalks to improve mobility, access, and physical health of residents within the neighborhood
- Replace storm-water gutters to enhance drainage
- Replace and up-size water pipes to improve water quality and increase volume for fire suppression
- Replace and refurbish sewer pipes
- Refurbish and construct (30) manholes to reduce inflow and infiltration
- Replace and upgrade the water system pressure and fire flow capacity
- Improve storm water quality during rainfall events
Find the link to the Azalea Park Map: https://www.cityofmaryesther.com/ImageRepository/Document?documentID=3753
Click the link to find monthly updates: https://www.cityofmaryesther.com/projects